Saturday, January 10, 2009

New Years

My next favorite celebration is New Years!! This year, Paige had a cold and I had worked on New Years Eve so I started out kind of pooped. We decided to stay home from a couple of invites because of the copious amounts of snot running out of Paige's nose. We ordered pizza and set up a blanket in the living room for a picnic. Hopefully Paige enjoyed our attempts at making it fun for her too. After she was off to bed, Scott and I pulled out the board games. I must of been really tired because he beat me two out of three times (twice) at Sequence. Unheard of!:). Then we snuggled on the couch and watched a movie that was playing on tv. I couldn't keep my eyes open and so at 11pm, I went to bed. I know, party pooper. Scott stayed up long enough for the ball to drop and then he came to bed. It was a good think I didn't stay up because Paige was up at 6am the next morning. What was she thinking.
We then headed to Logan for another tradition we celebrate. Sledding, buffet all day, and games. I love this day for those very reasons. Sledding is fun because my brother in law has a four wheeler that hauls everyone up the hill. Because of my pregnancy, I didn't sled but took a few pictures of all the fun. Paige loved riding on the four wheeler and she laughed the whole way down the mountain with aunt Angela and dad.





Angela's family who brought all the equipment and provided a fun day for all of us.

Then home to eat our hearts out. We had such a lot of good, yummy food. Then some fun games for the kids and adults. Angela left early to take her good friend to the airport so we threw in a movie (Horton hears a who). I was unimpressed but it caught the kids attention while we cleaned up a little bit.



We stayed to the next day to help my mom clean out some of my dad's closets. I'm not a sentimental person when it comes to clothing. I'm too practical so either I'm the right person to help or the wrong. It depends on how you look at it. My mom had a hard time but had said when she tried to do it alone, she couldn't do it so I think in the end it was good to have me helping her. We attemted the sledding again but it had rained and was a little slushy so after two attempts down the mountain, we bagged it.
A little side note, (Scott is rolling his eyes right now), Scott and I took my mom on a run to the Home Depot. I had showered but hadn't done my hair which was frizzy, curling, and no makeup. I'm feeling fatter than usual because of the pregnancy, I was dirty from cleaning all day, and not at my best looking when who walks by, my old boyfriend Jay. Not a big deal because I'm married to the most amazing man who doesn't care what I'm looking like but you just don't want to run into an ex looking like crap. You want his jaw to drop and wish he hadn't ditched you. Hope you girls out there understand what I'm saying or maybe you're just laughing at me. Just hope the next time I run into him, he'll see a better side to my looks :).

3 comments:

Zeb, Hilary, & Camden said...

WOW, you have been busy. It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas! We are looking forward to having a little one to share the holidays with. I am sure you missed you dad and I am also sure he is watching over you and very near.

Ruth said...

Hey, looks like Paige had a great day in the snow. How did the rest of the week go with your nieces? Don't forget to email me that yummy breakfast casserole recipe please. :)

Ruth said...

Oh, and I definitely agree about looking your best when you see any ex or even any possible, could-have-been exes.