Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The rest of the year!

December was a hard month for me. I was feeling pretty crappy and I felt like I slept right through it. I was looking back over my calendar and I realize I was awake for some fun outings. I wish I had pictures for everything we did but our camera was dead for most of the month!! It's always fun to take in the Celebrations of Christmas time and we tried to fit it all in. We took a trip down to SLC and met up with Scott's sister, Ginger and her family along with Scott's brothers, Mark and Troy. It was dinner at Zupas then riding the trax to temple square. It was such a nice mild evening. The kids loved all of the lights and riding the "train". The funny thing was that Ginger and I had the same thoughts and ideas about the outing at the same time. Great minds think alike. Then my family (and our friends, the Stones) came down 2 days before Christmas to tour the lights of downtown Ogden but not before a little pizza buffet first. I had such a terrible cold that my mind was in a Nyquil haze that night. Illegal I know for a pregnant gal but I was desperate.


Then we Celebrated Christmas with the annual Roberts party with yummy soup and white elephant gifts. I am blessed to have terrific in-laws. And we can't forget the annual Christmas with friends from our old university ward. It is so much fun to catch up on their lives and see how our families are growing. I really wish we had some pictures of these events but for now we'll just have to remember them in our minds (if they last that long).

Christmas for our little family was a little different this year. We really wanted to have our own little Christmas with our family so we wrote to Santa and asked him to visit us a day early so we could celebrate at home. It was really fun for us to share this special morning with the kids (and not have to haul it all to Logan). Paige and Ashley were really excited to see what Santa had left them. They got matching princess chairs so they were no longer fighting over the old Dora chair that was sold very quickly on KSL. We had to explain to Paige that there was another little girl who needed it more than she did. It's funny because even with two of the exact same thing, they still fight over them. Crazy girls. Ashley wasn't super interested in her play cube but really wanted to share Paige's new dollhouse. She'd carry her chair over and plant it right next to Paige's so she could see all that the dollhouse held. We were able to distract her with her gift from the babysitter. Purse's that she carries around on her shoulder. Apparently she spends alot of time at the sitter's doing the same thing. Later that day, we headed up to Logan to spend Christmas eve with my mom and sisters. We had our traditional soup and potato bar and then changed things up with a yummy breakfast casserole in the morning. I love being able to share this day with my family. It is always a party when we get together. My camera was working for this day so here are some fun shots.

Ashley did not want to wake up and celebrate Christmas












Christmas at my mom's house





No comments: