
For Scott's birthday, (in January), we had decided to go to a playoff game if the Jazz made it. Guess what, the Jazz made it. Since Scott's finals were during the first round of finals, we held out for the second series. Who better to watch play the Jazz than the Lakers. We left right after I got off work Friday and headed down to Salt Lake. My good friend, Maren, babysat Paige for us (bless her heart)! We walked the Gateway and browsed through the golf clubs at Dick's. Then off to dinner at our regular spot, Crowne Burger. Hilary and Zeb Crofts (our Jazz buddies)ate with us and then we were off to the game. Since we were there a little early, we decided to check out all the freebies they offered. Scott wanted me to blend in so I got my very own jersey with Harpring's name on the back (ow, ow!). Sticker tatoos next along with a free photo with the Jazz in the background. We were pumped up and ready for a great game. Surprise, free t-shirts on our chairs even in the upper bowl. It couldn't get any better than that (except for the free shirt on the empty chair next to us, that Scott slipped under the chair for me just to find out that someone had stolen it from us when we came back from half time. Gall the nerve of some people :) ). Next was American Idol great David Archuleta singing the national anthem. Not many people paying attention to the anthem though. The game itself was so energizing. We were on our feet the whole game and it was suspenseful. Since we were screaming our lungs out, we shared an ice cream cone to soothe our throats. Yummy then our focus was back to the game. Scott was explaining some of the calls and some of the plays being made and I was pointing out the lady with the gold sequence top that was clear across the arena. Sometimes my focus isn't always with the game!! But the most exciting news and best part of the night, WE WON! I was so excited and jumping up and down. Thanks Scott for letting me come with you for your birthday and thanks for letting me experience my first playoff game. Awesome.




8 comments:
that really is a hot little number!! You look good to Melinda ;) I am the same way at the game. I love to look at the weird standouts. By the way if the lady with the sequin top reads this. It's not cool anymore:)
That sounds like it was a blast. Chris and I are feeling a bit jealous. I am the same way at sporting events too, more of a people watcher than a game watcher!
Yay! Sounds like fun! My husband has never been to a Jazz game and I really need to take him! Where did you get tickets?
Oh and by the way, YAY for getting to see David Archuleta!
You crack me up! I love reading your blog b/c it's just like hearing you tell a story. What a fun & crazy night for you. I'm a people-watcher too but I've had to learn to keep some of my thoughts to myself if Marcos is trying to concentrate on the game. :) Yay for David Archuleta . . . but we're kinda hoping the other David wins. (no offense)
Date nights are the best! Sorry, it's been a while...I saw I have been tagged. I loved reading your answers--you are so amazing--seriously.
Looks like so much fun, that is such a cute picture of you guys! So what's up are you guys moving to AZ for a year? Do share all the details with the blogging world please :)
Scott, this is the first time that I have ever made a comment on a blog. In fact, this is the first time I've ever gone to a blog! Sweet, congrats on going to the Jazz game. Jerry Sloan deserves coach of the year at some point. The guy is amazing. Kobe is a total punk! Go JAZZ!
Post a Comment