Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Melinda's Birthday

Yesterday was Melinda's birthday, and I must admit, I am one pathetic loser! No I didn't forget that it was her birthday. It just wasn't the most exciting birthday of her life. I did get up with Paige and let her sleep in. When she awoke, I made her breakfast (eggs, toast, bacon and her favorite beverage not named Dr. Pepper, Milk). That's about where the fun ends. Now it wasn't all my fault. Being in graduate school has certain requirements, and so I did some studying during the afternoon. This did allow her to just relax and do some reading which anyone who knows Melinda knows that she loves to read. So maybe all was not lost. I asked if she wanted to go out to eat but she said that she just wanted to grab something and go home. So we did and just hung out as a family. So not the most exciting birthday but at least since it was Presidents day we were able to be together for the whole day. Now the count down to 30 starts!

Happy birthday Melinda, I love you!

Melinda: It was a great birthday and worth the time I spent with Scott and Paige!! That is even more precious than all of the fanfare.


This picture was taken while I was "relaxing". It is such a terrible picture and I can't even explain the raunchy look on my face because I wasn't really annoyed but oh well. Prop me up in a Lazy boy with the computer, a good book, and a blanket any day of the week.


This picture shows what Paige and I did together during our valuable time. She is fascinated with hair and loves to pull I mean brush my hair. Good thing I don't have a tender head. :)

5 comments:

Jen Barnes said...

Sometimes just staying at home and doing whatever you want to do is the best. Glad you got to read. I know you love that. Can you teach me how to sit down, ignore everything else that needs to be done and just read? :)

Trent Megan and Kids said...

Yeahhhh happy birthday. I did the same thing but I did add some laundry and Barbie movies into the mix. Are you reading any good books? Maybe we should plan next year to hang together while the men take care of the kiddies, We could do a spa.

Jenny said...

Hope you had a great birthday! Oh crap, if it was your birthday then that means it was Megan's! OH NO! I better call her...

Glad you got to spend time with your hubby and baby. That's the best birthday gift of all!

The Wrights said...

I'm so glad that Scott wrote about your bday! It sounds like it was a wonderful, chill day!

Ruth said...

Happy B-day Melinda! Sorry I missed it. Looks like you enjoyed a relaxing day. Love ya!