Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Throw-up everywhere

Tonight was a night of mopping up Paige's throw-up. You're probably wondering why I'm sharing the wonderful story of her night throwing up. One simple fact, she's never thrown-up or been really sick before. It's ironic, because everytime we babysit my sisters' kids, they are almost always sick under our care. She's been a little fussy tonight. She didn't want any of her lunch or dinner so we've given her the sippy cup full of milk and left it at that. Then right before bedtime, she crawled over to her toys. She hugged her Care Bear then looked up at me. I knew it was coming and got there right in time to cup my hands under her mouth (like I could catch it, what was I thinking). She then spewed the largest amount of throw- up, for such a tiny person, I have ever seen. The Care Bear didn't have a chance!! Poor thing (Paige, not the Care Bear) was thrown in the tub and proceeded to throw-up in the tub (she was afraid of the bowl I was shoving under her mouth). The sad thing about it is that her mother, the nurse, panicked and called her own mother trying to find out how to help Paige and save her from further retching. Anyway, we finally got her settled and put her to bed when we heard the coughing signaling the repeat performance of being sick to her stomach. After a bunch of dry heaving and sips of water, she is down for the night and hopefully feeling better. Hopefully your stomach is as strong as mine as you read this and kudos to Scott who had to clean up the mess. What a great dad!!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

So sad! I hope she gets feeling better soon. We have great husbands - I don't think I could clean up throw-up either but I know Daniel would totally do it. He did it for me a few times when I was pregnant. What a man!

Trent and Megan said...

I hate it when kids are sick!! I saw Paige today and she did look a lot better. Hope you don't have to go through that again for a while. Also sorry my kids get sick everytime they visit, maybe it is that yucky ogden water ;)