Saturday, December 29, 2007

I love you, Grandma


On Christmas Eve, we lost an amazing lady. My grandma died at the age of 90 after an amazing life filled with hard work, happiness, and love. I was able to live with her for four years while attending Weber State. During that four years, I realized that she was: extremely humorous, she liked pizza and ice cream, she was an amazing cook and taught me some great recipes, we'd watch movies galore, we'd grocery shop together and she showed me how to pick out produce, she was very intelligent (read 2 newspapers a day), she was very loving and showed compassion to me on numerous occasions, and best of all she was my friend and companion. We shared a very close and special relationship.
For 6 more years (after marrying Scott), I was able to keep that relationship by helping her with many of the duties she was unable to carry out in her older age. We'd take road trips to Logan, trips to doctors, and stop for shakes at artic circle (her favorite was carmel cashew). I'm glad that she was able to meet Paige and form a close relationship with her. I know that there's alot I can teach Paige about her Great-grandma and also all that I learned from her. I loved her and will miss her humor, her concerns, and yes, even the tedious duties I sometimes had to do for her. Thank you, grandma. I love you!!

4 comments:

Trent and Megan said...

I love you grandma! I will always envy the relationship that you, Melinda got to have with grandma. She loved you so much and we thank you as a family for all the care you gave her that we couldn't. Tons of hugs from us to you Mel I hope your okay.
Love you tons

Ruth said...

Oh Melinda, I'm so sorry for your lost. I know you were so close to her. Our prayers are with you and your family. We love you!
Ruth & Marcos

Jenny said...

What a beautiful tribute, she sounds like an amazing woman. I'm sorry for your loss, for the world's loss. You are all in my thoughts. Love you.

Judy Armstrong said...

I really appreciate your comments. What a tribute to her. I know that she was so proud of you. I am so glad you were able to be there when I wasn't. I know she loved you, Paige and Scott.
Mom