Friday, July 23, 2010

My girlies!!!

My girlies are getting so big. I can hardly keep up with them. I wish I could remember everything they are doing and saying because they make me laugh.



Paige is so bright. I'm blown away by her vocabulary as well as her memory. She is definitely a princess and loves everything princess. She'd rather wear her princess plastic highheels than any normal shoe. She can't wait to go Disneyland (planned for Sept.) and asks us everyday if that is the day we are going. I finally showed her the dates on the calendar so now she'll pull the calendar down and ask me to show her Disneyland. She has been watching leapfrog letter factory and is starting to understand her letters. She is still a little singer ad likes to perform on our neighbors third driveway (her stage). She has been going to primary and loves to get up and sing the songs. She already has a testimony and is learning her articles of faith. We love hearing all that she learns about even though we can't figure some things out. They learned Love is Spoken here and when learning what crystal clear meant and that a crystal is a clear rock, she then began referring to that song as the rock song. We finally figured it out when she started singing it and directing Scott and I how to sing it properly with our individual parts. She has such a vivacious personality and enjoys people (except when they have her toys or don't do what she wants them to). She still throws great temper tantrums and doesn't really like Ashely yet. She also knows how to set me off and push my buttons, but we sure do love her and enjoy her being our daughter.





Ashley is growing so fast. She is such a good little eater and sleeper. She sleeps from 7pm until about 9am. Wow, huh! She is our little mover. She crawls so fast everywhere and is finally starting to walk. She has no fear and climbs on everything!! She won't really watch tv like Paige did so I don't get a huge break when she's awake. She still takes two naps but can get by with one. She loves shoes and is always bringing them to us to pur on her feet. She loves necklaces and anything that goes around her neck (even socks). When she's done eating, she'll drop stuff on the floor to get her attention. She is a momma's girl and wants me all the time. She does enjoy her time with Scott who is so playful with her and makes her laugh. She's never been much of a snuggler but lately while teething, she'll randomly lay her head down on our shoulders. AHHH! Her relationship with Paige is funny. She really likes to goad her and push her buttons. She knows what bothers Paige and she'll do it on purpose just to get a reaction. Sometimes that reaction will scare her and she'll crawl away really fast so she doesn't get in trouble. One time though, they were sharing a shopping cart in Costco when Ashley leaned her head on Paige's shoulder and Paige put her head against it. For sure a Kodak moment if only I could have captured it. The other day we took them to the splash pad and Paige immediately heads for the jungle gym because she doesn't want to get sprayed. Ashley heads head first into the water. She loved it and had no fear there. She loves the tub still and wants me to pour water over here head the whole time. She is a breath of fresh air and I cherish her being my daughter.

It's hard not to compare the two siblings and I try not to but they are completely different. Paige- snuggler, picky eater, movie watcher, afraid of everything, early talker and grumpy morning girl. Ashley- doesn't want to snuggle, eats everything, is a mover, climbs and gets into everything, still only grunting and smiles when you wake her up. Oh how I love these two very different girls.

3 comments:

wright said...

the pic of the girls in the pool is darling! It's fun to see how different our little ones can be! The are so dang cute!

Zeb, Hilary, & Camden said...

We love your girls and think they are adorable! Crazy how different they can be isnt it? I wish I could remember everything Cam does too, he is growing way to quickly and it makes me a little sad but at the same time it is fun to watch him learn and grow. We miss you guys and will have to get together when we come out next :)

Becca said...

We are fans of your kids! They are both as cute as can be! I get a kick out my kids and their differences. So much fun being a mom!
You guys are the best!