Saturday, March 6, 2010

The train show


Today, we headed on over to the Union Station to check out the train show. Some good friends of ours go every year and have recommended it to us. We were not let down. These people are serious about their model trains. They had built mini cities, huge train lines, and even mini trains to put on display. Paige reached over to touch the train and right as Scott was telling her we don't touch, the owner of the train set was panicking that she might actually touch his precious (and probably expensive) train. As we went from room to room and looked at all the displays, Paige started getting ansy. "Not this room again" with a smack to her forhead was stated a couple of times. When we finally made it up the stairs to the lego display, her attitude had changed. She was wide eyed at all the creations on display made from legos. She really liked a dragon that was positioned on a mountain. (That seems to be a new fascination with her thanks to Dragon Tales.) We took her outside for a mini train ride which she thoroughly enjoyed and kept smiling the whole ride. And then over to the real trains which she has wanted to see from the beginning. She and Scott loved climbing up them and going from train to train to see how amazing these giant machines were. It was a beautiful day and a fun outing that Paige really enjoyed.





3 comments:

Chantel said...

We thought about going but I hadn't heard anything about it so I didn't know if it was something Alicey would like or not. I guess we'll have to go next year!!

Zeb, Hilary, & Camden said...

I love hearing about Paige smacking her forehead and saying, "Not this room again!" She is such a hoot and so full of energy. It's always fun to get out of the house and do something fun as a family! We miss you guys!

Chantel said...

In response to your comment on my blog....

Yes, I did consolidate so my monthly payment is only $500 a month but I have them automatically take out $1000 a month so I'm always making a double payment and then if I have extra that month I'll send in more as well. Find me at church and I can talk to you more about it, if you'd like.


And I agree, the cost of education. SUCKS!!