Paige has finally started to show interest in Ashley. Until recently, Ashley was completely ignored by Paige unless we were in the car and Ashley was not with us. Then Paige would ask where her Ash-e-ley was. We have now started noticing that Paige is interacting with Ashley. She'll come into the family room where Ashley is watching Baby Einstein and Paige will proceed to ask her if she is watching Baby Einstein. Although there is no reply, Paige promptly sits down next to Ashley and they watch it together. The other morning, I was doing my hair and Ashley had woken up. I set her up in her crib and told Paige to go make Ashley laugh. A couple of minutes later Paige wanted to get up in the crib with Ashley where she proceeded to provide the voice of the hippo puppet for Ashley's amusement. It was so cute to see her providing entertainment. Paige was in the tub a couple of days ago and Ashley was sitting on the floor outside the tub. Paige was making goofy noices at Ashley that had her giggling pretty hard. I tried to get it on tape but Ashley was more interested in the camera then looking at Paige' goofy face. I love that they are starting to play a little bit together and hope that it only continues (although I know that fighting will soon follow). For now, I will enjoy this comraderie.
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
The sisters have become friends
Paige has finally started to show interest in Ashley. Until recently, Ashley was completely ignored by Paige unless we were in the car and Ashley was not with us. Then Paige would ask where her Ash-e-ley was. We have now started noticing that Paige is interacting with Ashley. She'll come into the family room where Ashley is watching Baby Einstein and Paige will proceed to ask her if she is watching Baby Einstein. Although there is no reply, Paige promptly sits down next to Ashley and they watch it together. The other morning, I was doing my hair and Ashley had woken up. I set her up in her crib and told Paige to go make Ashley laugh. A couple of minutes later Paige wanted to get up in the crib with Ashley where she proceeded to provide the voice of the hippo puppet for Ashley's amusement. It was so cute to see her providing entertainment. Paige was in the tub a couple of days ago and Ashley was sitting on the floor outside the tub. Paige was making goofy noices at Ashley that had her giggling pretty hard. I tried to get it on tape but Ashley was more interested in the camera then looking at Paige' goofy face. I love that they are starting to play a little bit together and hope that it only continues (although I know that fighting will soon follow). For now, I will enjoy this comraderie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Cute picture!! We're already getting the fighting. Not fun!!
Bet they will get along better than we did with our sisters :)Glad that she found a playmate to share in entertainment.
Watching them get along is like a breath of fresh air! Take a big deep breath!!
How sweet! Paige is such a good big sister! I'll bet they are going to be best friends as they grow!
Post a Comment