Wednesday, August 12, 2009

More summer fun

This summer has been so full of fun things. When we bought the house with a pool, we didn't really know what we were getting into. The pool itself was more like a pond and there was a lot of hard work ahead of us. Scott immersed himself into cleaning the pool and worked on cleaning it day in day out. By the middle of july, the pool was ready to go. We have really enjoyed swimming and playing in the pool. We've had both our families, friends, neighbors, and church groups over to swim in it. It's been so much fun and Scott says that no matter where we move in the future, we'll have a pool. His hard work has really paid off and even Paige has become the little swimmer.




While Scott's whole family was in town for his parents 50th anniversary, we had some fun outings with them. Paige, Ashley, and I went up to Pineview dam with Scott's sister and sister-in-law. The dam was cold and Paige wasn't quite the swimmer yet so we spent a lot of time on the beach. Paige was content to sit in the chair and watch her cousins play for awhile (I think she was tired from not having a nap). Right before we were ready to leave, she finally got up and played in the sand. She is such a cutie in her swimming suit.



We also bar-b-qued in his niece's backyard that same week. Scott was throwing all the kids in the air and we got some great pictures of Paige. She kept telling everyone that she was "flying high in the sky" all night long and even into the next day. These pictures are priceless.


Scott ended his internship just in time for me to go to young womens camp for three days and youth conference the next week for three days. So he has been playing Mr. Mom. While I was gone he perfected Paige's potty training. He is so patient and doesn't give up easily. The right person for the job. I started training her and thought for sure she was never going to get it. She was afraid to pee in the potty, she wouldn't tell us when she needed to go, and she would hold it and then pee on my floor. I was so frustrated with her and three days later, I was losing my patience. Instead of encouraging her I wanted to punish her so it was time for Scott to step in. He was amazing. I came back from camp to find Paige having no problem going in the potty and prefered the big potty rather than the training potty. We're still working on going #2 in the potty. I can't figure out why she is so afraid of it. Hopefully it won't take too long. For a reward, we took her to the dinosaur park where we fed the fish and played on the slides. The following pictures show just how exhausting going potty can be.



3 comments:

The Lindsey Family said...

What a fun post!! Love your pics! I can't believe how high he got her!!! lol

Roberts' family said...

Scott here, just a few corrections to the post. The pool was ready by mid June not July. And, I never said no matter where we live we will have a pool. What I said is that I wouldn't mind having a pool at our next house which is not necessarily how I felt before we bought this house.

wright said...

What fun to have a pool! Looks like you guys have had a great summer. BTW I love the pics of the girls in the polka dot dresses!! CUTE!