So you're all probably wondering about the title. Apparently I do not blog enough for our friend, Zeb. He hates it when the post is over 1 week old so here's an update. This morning Scott and I were able to go golfing. A first for me since I got pregnant. I was so excited and was so grateful for my sister-in-law, Jennica who watched both the girls. She's so generous considering that she's pregnant and has an active 2 year old son. (Thanks a ton.) We played at El Monte and the weather was beautiful. It wasn't too hot and there was a nice breeze blowing. On top of that, the mountains looked beautiful. The perfect morning for my first par. I was driving so well and came very close to par on about three holes but my short game is so terrible that I choked every time. Finally at the ninth hole, I had an amazing drive strait down the middle. I pulled out my 4 iron and hit it up the hill on to the edge of the green. Instead of chipping (which for me is like driving again), I used my putter to get within 3 feet of the cup. At this point, Scott is so thrilled and nervous for me. He was very helpful in setting up my put and wallah! I'm in and it was legitimate. The people teeing off the first tee were probably wondering what the heck all my cheering was for. It's probably a regular thing for them to get a par but for me, a rare feat. We celebrated and took Paige and Ashley for a picnic in the park. What a great morning. (Zeb, Scott misses the summer you two spent hours at El Monte and the many clubs you had to replace.)
My drive off the ninth
Look at his form. Wooh, hooh!




1 comment:
How silly do I look now! You post a blog just for me, and it takes me a month to comment on it. You have redeemed yourself Melinda.
Post a Comment