Saturday, October 11, 2008

Family Bonding

Click to play Family Bonding 2008
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook
A couple of weekends ago, our family had a mini-vacation. We decided to stay close to home in Logan and we made sure we had everything planned out. (I made itineraries but they just made fun of me). It started on Friday night with a bar-b-que in the park. We all brought food to contribute to the meal and made sure there was a fun jungle gym close by for the kids to play on. We enjoyed chatting with each other and eating good food. After dinner, we indulged in a little Aggie ice cream. Yummy! That night we stayed at my sister, Angela's, house and played a few games before retiring to bed.
The next morning was breakfast on my mom and dad's deck. My brother-in-law, Eric, made us some dutch oven breakfast burritos. He definitely has some cooking skills. Golf was up next for the boys and the girls went shopping at the mall (naturally). Then time for naps for all the kids. We had thought about taking the kids to the fun center but we ran out of time so instead, we all got babysitters and the adults went to a nice restaurant for dinner. That was really nice to talk to each other without little kids yammering in our ears. We all enjoyed each other's company and we announced to my family that Scott and I are expecting (yep, that's right. We're 9 weeks pregnant). Then off to mom and dad's house for some football on TV.
The next morning we decided to congregate at my parent's ward for sacrament meeting. It's fun to go to church as a family and we were able to hear my dad bear his testimony on the importance of family. What a gift that was for me to hear. After church, we met out at my sister's school where she's an elementary teacher. It had been my mom's birthday earlier that week so of course we wanted to celebrate it. My brother-in law, Trent, had put together a little game of jeopardy. It was called the Armstrong Family Fun Day game. That was a lot of fun although pretty hard. Everyone was able to participate with the Disney category designed for the kids. We were lucky to have my mom on our team. She is trivia champion. What a great weekend that allowed our family a chance to create wonderful memories and build our relationships.

11 comments:

The Sherman's said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Way to slide that announcement in there, to see if we actually read the post! I am so happy for you guys, I hope you are feeling great and all goes well!

wallis said...

YEAH!!! I am so excited for you!! I can't wait to meet baby Roberts. I bet Paige is thrilled too. :) Sounds like things are fun!

I'm glad you were able to spend a nice weekend with your family. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Hope your dad is doing as good as he can. We love ya!

Heather Tew said...

Congrats!! Hope it is a boy...they are alot different than girls...lots of dirt..at least mine has lots of dirt. Anyhow, we are very excited for you!! Hope the pregnancy goes well!!

Trent Megan and Kids said...

What a fun weekend we got to spend together!! We are soo way excited for you to have another baby. Hang in there with the hunting and the moving. Call if you need our services. We can even take Paige off your hands for a while!!

Zeb, Hilary, & Camden said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Now Paige will have a little buddy to play with. Sounds like a fun weekend with the fam. How is your dad doing? We keep you in our thoughts and prayers and hope all is going well.

Last week I went home to visit family and I asked Zeb what would have been on his list of things to do if he could have come. Number 1 would have been to attend a Jazz game and number 2 was golf with Scotty. He sure does miss his "play mate!"

The Wrights said...

What a perfect weekend! AND to announce your upcoming babe--CONGRATS!!! We are thrilled for you guys! Glad you could have some sweet memories with your family--we sure have some sweet memories meeting your family

Jen Barnes said...

Your weekend sounds like it was very fun and creative. Simple things like this are some of the best family memories.
Congrats on #2. Very excited for you guys.

Jenny said...

Congrats on the baby! Yay! I couldn't be happier for you!

Sounds like you guys have been having fun times, too.

Blake and Rachele Burtenshaw said...

"you've been boo-ed". check out my blog.

Amy said...

I quickly came to your blog. Thanks for the link. I enjoyed visiting with you tonight at the church, its really too bad your moving. We can keep in touch through the wonderful world of blogs!!! oh yeah congrats on the pregnancy!!!

candice said...

I saw your baby ticker. Congrats we are excited for you.