
The first day we went to Universal studios. LA traffic was scary and I was one of the drivers who lived through it. Thank goodness for the GPS system. When we got there everyone had diferent ideas on what they wanted to do so each of the groups split up. There were no cliques and everyone was able to see what they wanted and what interested them. We had a great time. Later, we met up for dinner at Bubba Gumps with a little personal dancing from our waiters OW OW! Then attempted the scary drive home once again.


The next morning (after not much sleep), my roomies and I were up super early. After atempting to order Enchanted on the hotel tv, we bagged it and got dressed and then drove ten miles away for treats at Walmart. I have to tell you about my roomies. One was one of my best friend's, Maren, whom I have know for the last ten years. She and I have always had an amazing bond and I couldn't ask for a better friend. Her mom, Liz, also shared with us. She's my boss and a very good friend. We also have a close relationship so we were lucky to spend all that time together. After breakfast, we were once again headed to LA (with me in the driver's seat, scary). We got there early, parked, and then once again, everyone kind of split up to do their own thing. We wanted to tour the kodak theater (home of the Oscars) so we bought tickets to that and then toured the hollywood walk of fame. Hollywood is definately an interesting place with some interesting people. The tour of the Kodak theater was one of my favorite parts. I am of course awestruck by famous people (I read too many people magazines) so I loved picturing the stars sitting in the seats. Next was lunch and then off to WICKED!!! Wow is all I can say. It was amazing and I loved every minute of it. I only wished Scott could be there to share it with me.

After the play, I took one group of people in our van to tour the Hollywood hills and hopefully see some famous homes. I didn't count on Hollywood traffic and scary narrow streets. After sweating to death and a tension headache, that idea was bagged. So the two vans drove down to tour Rodeo drive. The shops were all closed up but you knew that they were expensive (saw a men's necktie for $300). There were some high school girls (paris hilton types) walking around with numerous bags. I can't even imagine their allowance. After experiencing an expensive dinner their, we drove home (getting more used to driving by now).


The next morning we spent in Long Beach. What a beautiful place. We decided to do some whale watching (thinking it was a short cruise of 45minutes). We weren't able to see any whales but we did see some dolphins and sea lions. The water was peaceful and the company was great. Then our three hour tour was done (yep, three hours). We didn't have much time for anything else but lunch. That was scrumptious and we decided the best food we'd had all trip (some went to PF Changs and some to Parkers steakhouse). We went to the airport and got into SLC late that night.


It was three great days of fun with some of the most wonderful people I know.




5 comments:
Um, why wasn't I invited! What a fun time. I wish I could have been there, I miss you all so much! Everyone looks great by the way.
That sounds like the funnest trip!! I'm glad that Liz and Maren were there to share it with you, the only ones missing were me oh and scott of course then it would have been complete :)
I want to be invited! :)
Thanks Melinda! My email is pookielou81@hotmail.com
Hi Melinda,
I did the same thing on Lacey's blog...You might remember us from the Marrieds Ward back in Ogden. Justin and Stephanie Metcalf. We found your blog through Lacey's, who we found through her cousin here in Mesa, AZ where we now live. So anyway, we peeked in on your blog and your little girl is adorable. Looks like you are doing well. We have a blog too so feel free to peek in anytime. :) www.stephandjustin.blogspot.com
Post a Comment